Friday, August 04, 2006

Clearing a Full Plate


I'll admit it. I probably bit off more than I could chew. I have a tendency to do things like that - be agreeable to multiple commitments only to find myself on thin ice when the deadlines start rolling in. June and July were lessons in humility. Kids, don't try this at home.

First, I quit my job. The decision wasn't hard to make but leaving was hard to do. Think of every stereotype of an abusive relationship and you'll get it. Maybe, more on that another time. Next, I moved. The BF and I made a decision to move in together which meant moving to a city about an hour and a half away. This involved looking for houses, buying a house, selling my house, and packing up my life in boxes and leaving the city I have known for 18 years. I think the two of us learned alot about each other during the last eight weeks - patience, compromise, style choices (ugh). Lastly, I had to find another job. In a limited market, my choice required some soul searching. My start date preceded my moving date so for a month I commuted 90 miles.

There just wasn't time. It was too hot to train, I was too scattered to eat right, my free days were numbered. Something had to give and I had to let it go. I followed the news of the Gay Games from a distance unable and maybe a bit unwilling to participate. But the training wasn't for nought.

I know a bunch of people who have packed it in for different climates in the recent years. BB, Nurse Nancy,
him, and him. And I will take note of their success. I'm excited for the next chapter of my life.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Alternative lexapro national car rental The oregon trailreason for making trip ite circuit breaker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home