Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lodge is a Force of Nature


This past weekend, I drove up north to spend a weekend at Spider Lake Lodge. My awesome friends Nancy and JP reserved the entire lodge for the weekend and then invited a bunch of their friends to take the various rooms. The awesome weekend was full of lounging and relaxing, plenty of drinking, walking and snowshoeing in the woods. Saturday night, we all dressed in 70's attire and acted out one of those murder mystery dinners.

I've never been one to volunteer for "roughing it." I'm what you call an indoor sort of guy. Give me a W hotel and my AmEx card and I'm pretty much happy. And as many of you know, I am not a fan of the cold weather. So travelling up north in winter to spend a few days in the wooded wild in a place with animal heads on the wall is a bit of a stretch for me. But I'm stepping outside of my box these days, and any weekend with friends is a weekend to be cherished and remembered. The above group photo was taken during one of our treks over the iced lake.

And in the spirit of the great outdoors and taking my cue from a few recent gay characters who knew how to rough it, I had to pay my homage to Brokeback Mountain by wearing my cowboy hat.

I wish I knew how to quit myself.

5 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog... Yado from Venice, Italy

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger bob said...

thanks, yadoge, for the international support

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Zachary Juno said...

I love it when you wear a coyboy hat... So cute !!!
It does look cold up there... Burrr

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger j.huff said...

I'm with you - pamper me at the W! Now if I could just get Randy to go along with it!!! ;)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger bob said...

no kidding, jon. and you have to love those silver trays they have!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home