Saturday, December 10, 2005

Raisins Suck

Today at Beans and Barley, I threw a hissy. All I wanted was a bag of oriental snack food (you know, with wasabi peas, rice crackers, peanuts) and every single bag of snacks had raisins in it. EVERY. SINGLE. BAG. Even the non-oriental mix snack bags. Ughrhgh. Raisins are in everything and they totally ruin it. Oatmeal cookies? Ruined. Granola? Ruined. Oriental fucking snack mix? Ruined! And half the time you don't even know they're there until it's too late, mimicking chocolate chips or mixing in with the other fruit. And p.s. there is nothing oriental about raisins so what the f are they doing in a bag of "oriental" snack mix?

I have absolutely no idea why I hate raisins. It is completely irrational. I really like grapes so it's not where the raisin came from, and i have no problem eating prunes (unless they're canned)so it's not like I have issues with dried fruit. Except now that I think about it, I can't stand sundried tomatoes either. But whatever it is, I wish raisins would go away or at least stop sabotaging my food. I was forced to buy separate bags of the ingredients in the oriental snack mix and make my own mix. Now I have waaaaaay too much snack and it is in all the wrong proportions and they didn't have rice crackers so I had to use pumpkin seeds which is so not the same thing.

My friends are having a very cool party tonight and I have to work so I can't go. Work is like raisins sabotaging the oriental snack mix of life.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger j.huff said...

I had to stop buying cereal with raisins. They always stick to my teeth. Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home