Saturday, August 13, 2005

It Begins

I keep a private journal - have been for the last six or seven years. I love it. I frequently look back on what I wrote and remember or laugh at the way I thought about things . The best part about my journal is that my writing is private.

I imagine that I have the same worries that most beginning bloggers have. Why would anyone have any interest in reading what I have to say? It's the blogger as egomaniac defense mechanism that keeps most of us a quiet observer in the blogosphere. What if my blog sucks? The world as critic is a very daunting thought. What if nobody reads my blog? Well, nobody else reads my journal and so far I have been pretty happy with that. So, why start a blog?

I have alot of opinions about the world around me. I want this blog to be my way of scratching the surface of interesting topics that are on my mind, maybe working a few things out in my head, and someday remembering or laughing at the way I thought about these things. Unlike my journal, I invite the world to read. Like my journal, it's ultimately for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home